This issue from 1998 details the history of the Congregational Church of Rutland's Ladies' Fortnightly Club. It was printed in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Church (and the 109th anniversary of the club). The quarterly starts with the creation of the Congregational Church in 1788 and then moves on to the birth of the Fortnightly in 1879. A local writer and celebrity at the time, Julia Ripley-Dorr, became the second president of the Fortnightly and held the position for 33 years. Through her guidance, the club became a tool for the spiritual, moral, and intellectual growth of members of the community. They held classes, raised money, and hosted social gatherings. In 1969 the church became the Grace Congregational United Church of Christ, but the Fortnightly remained unchanged and has continued with its activities to this day. There are several pictures in this quarterly which portray the Fortnightly and its activities.